At the beginning of August Whine-Free Wednesdays kicked off and I wanted to take a moment to explain this movement a little more.
From the introduction post:
1. Refuse to let grumpy people or little things bother you. Seriously, just let it go.
2. Smile more.
3. Say please, thank you, and you’re welcome.
It is very important to go back to the rules in order to set your mindfulness for next week’s dose of contentment.
Because that’s the point. Contentment.
It isn’t about being a whiny baby (although it has helped me realize how much I actually DO whine) and it isn’t designed to prevent your from voicing frustrations.
- Whine-Free Wednesday is about freeing yourself of the negativity that floats around you, the negativity in others that you cannot control.
- It is about making your bubble a positive one.
- It is about letting your actions (and sometimes inactions) diffuse into other’s.
Do you feel as if you could use a little more Whine-Free days in your life? Do you feel as if you could use a little less worry?
Worry does not begat contentment. Release yourself of this prison, learn to let contentment into your life at least one day a week… that’s the whole goal of Whine-Free Wednesdays.
Contentment can begat happiness. The choice is yours, my friends.
Have you tried out Whine-Free Wednesdays for yourself this month? How are you hoping to continue the weekly practice into September? Jump down to the comments section below and let me know!